Webinar – 17 November 2022
Video recording available to view: Recording
What creates value in a law firm, going forwards into the future?
For this session on valuations, we envisage that the questions might include:
- what are the three normal methods of valuing a law firm?
- how are the 'multiples' used in valuations changing?
- what often goes wrong in a merger?
- what issues can get missed when creating a deal?
- which areas of law are seen as more valuable, why?
- how are the consolidators affecting valuations?
- how is the consultancy/platform model affecting valuations?
- what do typical deal structures look like?
A panel will take questions from the host and the attendees. Surveys and live polls will ensure that the speakers cover the aspects that the attendees deem most important.
The webinar will provide clear steps towards making your own firm more valuable in the future.
Host and panel
Our main speakers are Andrew Roberts and Andy Harris. Andrew Roberts runs the legal sector M&A consultancy Ampersand Legal and has successfully completed over 50 law firm mergers. Andy Harris is a partner at accountants Hazlewoods, where he has been a member of their legal team for over 20 years.
In addition, Mark Briegal of law firm Bennett Briegal will provide a legal perspective on M&A.
The webinar will be hosted by Andy Poole, a partner at Armstrong Watson.
(All four individuals are founding members of the Association of Law Firm Merger Advisers.)
Register here: What is my law firm worth now and in the future?
Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.