Webinar – Thursday, 9 February (9.30-10.30am, on GoToWebinar)
Video recording available to hear/view: Recording
See the 2-minute opening video here: webinar video.
The sixth in our series of webinars will again reveal key statistics and will be based on a Q&A format, with Paul Smith as our main speaker.
A panel will then take questions from the host and the attendees. Surveys and live polls will ensure that the speakers cover the aspects that the attendees deem most important.
For this session on risk, we envisage that the questions will be based on:
- which areas of legal advice lead to the most negligence claims
- how to organise your work on matters in ways that minimise the risk
- when to notify your insurer of a possible claim
- what the must-have protection and procedures are, to guard against cyber attacks
- what to do if you are hacked and, for example, client records are compromised
Main speaker, panel and host
Our main speaker, Paul Smith, is a solicitor and senior risk management consultant who regularly presents to law firms on risk matters. After a period in general practice he moved into solicitors' professional indemnity, joining the Solicitors Indemnity Fund in 1991 as a claims handler. He joined Travelers in 2010 as a member of the Risk Management Team.
The cyber part of the webinar will be led by James Doswell, a cyber-specialist risk management consultant, also from Travelers. He will be joined by:
- Duncan Woodhouse, the Chief Information Security Officer of Shieldpay, the secure B2B payments provider specialising in transactions that need more than just straight-through processing.
- Steven O'Day, the COO of The Cashroom, which processed over £1.2 billion of transactions in a single month at the height of the recent conveyancing boom.
- Chris Hannett, the MD of Cymplify, the cyber protection partner of Armstrong Watson. Chris is able to show 'the attacker's view' of your firm, along with any information from your firm on the Dark Web.
The webinar will be hosted by Andy Poole, a partner at Armstrong Watson.
Register here: Risk protection including cyber security
Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.