This page outlines the terms and conditions that you agree to when using this website.
LawFirmAmbition.co.uk is owned by Travelers Europe. Travelers Europe is a marketing name for certain companies based in Europe that are part of The Travelers Companies, Inc. group of companies.
Any references to "We" or "Our" in these terms and conditions means all or any of Travelers Europe and all or any of companies in its group.
You can find all the legal information about the companies that make up Travelers Europe here.
Using our website
We update our website regularly and may change the content at any time. This might mean that sometimes you won’t be able to get onto it. We try to keep our website as up to date as we can but we don’t have to do this and sometimes it isn’t possible. We aren’t responsible if you access our website for a period of time, whatever the reason for this is.
Occasionally we may prevent customers from browsing some or all of our website.
When using our website, you must comply with our acceptable use policy.
Acceptable use policy
You can only use our website for lawful purposes. So you can’t use it:
- to breach any local, national or international law or regulation.
- for unlawful or fraudulent purposes.
- to harm or attempt to harm minors.
- to send or encourage anyone else to send any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other spam.
- to deliberately spread viruses, trojans, worms, spyware, bugs or any other harmful programs or code that could damage any computer software or hardware.
You can’t reproduce, duplicate, copy or resell any part of our website in a way that breaks our website terms and conditions.
You must not access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our website.
- any equipment or network on which our website is stored.
- any software used in the provision of our website.
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Suspension and termination
If you breach our acceptable use policy, we may do any or all of the following:
- Take away your right to use our website immediately, temporarily or permanently.
- Remove any posts or material you’ve uploaded to our website immediately, temporarily or permanently.
- Take legal action against you to compensate us for any losses resulting from your breach including administrative and legal costs.
- Take further legal action against you.
- Disclose any information to law enforcement authorities that we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy.
We’ve outlined some of the action we’ll take if you breach our acceptable use policy. But we may take any other action we think is appropriate.
Transactions concluded through our website
We may provide you with access to our internet-based systems or portals from time to time (including policy quote and issuance systems for insurance products) (“web system”).
Where we provide you with access to web systems, you are responsible for ensuring that all information provided by you is correct and you have answered the questions in full and accurately.
We will have the sole discretion to decide whether to provide you with insurance cover or not.
If you wish to cancel your insurance you may do so in accordance with the relevant policy terms and conditions.
We will provide all terms and conditions relating to your policy to you in a durable format either by email, electronic pdf or hard copy letter. You should keep a copy of all terms and conditions and emails we send to you for your records.
Payment Details and Automatic Renewals
Where we take your bank account or credit or debit card details for payment of your policy, we do so with your authorisation. In order to take the details, we use 128-bit encryption and SSL certificates when transmitting payment details to our payment providers to protect your data. From time to time we may change our payment providers but we will only do so with providers who are suitable and agree to comply with all data protection legislation including holding your details securely.
If your renewal date passes without instructions from you, we may automatically renew your policy using the payment details we have on account. If you make adjustments to your policies, we may also use the payment details we have on account.
We will notify you prior to your new policy starting and you may cancel in accordance with the cancellation provisions in your policy.
If we are unable to provide you with an insurance policy, we may partner with an appropriate regulated company who may be able to assist. We will always ask your permission to introduce you to them and if you agree, we may pass certain information (including any details of criminal convictions) that you have given us about you to them in order for them to assist.
We may be paid for any introduction that we make. You are not obliged to take any product from or through them.
We may ask a third party to assist with obtaining feedback from you on the service and product you have received. This will involve us passing your contact details to them.
If you agree to provide feedback, you agree to any applicable terms and conditions that the third party may provide,
Intellectual property rights
We own or are the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our website, and the material published on it. These works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world.
- print off one copy and download parts of any page on our website for your personal reference.
- show other people in your business any information they might find interesting.
You must not:
- change any material you’ve printed off or downloaded.
- use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio, or any graphics separately from the text that goes with them.
- use any of the materials on our website for commercial purposes without getting a licence from us or our licensors.
- always acknowledge us, and our contributors, as authors of the material on our website.
- obtain written consent from us, if you wish to use any of our website for commercial purposes. Just email us at [email protected]avelers.com.
Links to and from our website
You can link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that’s fair and legal and doesn’t damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not create a link in a way that suggests any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you. Our website must not be framed on any other website. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website that you are linking from must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy above.
If you would like to use any of the information on our website for anything else, please email us at [email protected].
Our website has links to other websites and resources provided by third parties. These links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from you using them.
Don’t rely on our website for advice
The information on this website is not meant to be professional advice.
That’s why we’re not liable nor responsible for anything that happens if you rely on this website’s contents. If you do need advice, you should speak to a professional independent advisor.
We try to ensure that the information on this website is correct, but we don’t give any form of guarantee or warranty as to its accuracy.
As far as we can legally, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us expressly exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or otherwise.
We also exclude any liability for any loss or damage caused by users of our website. The alleged loss could be from using our website, not being able to use it, or the results of using our website or websites linked to it and any materials posted on it.
We exclude the following:
- loss of property, income or revenue, business, profits or contracts, anticipated savings, data as well as loss of goodwill
- wasted management or office time
- losses caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract, or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This doesn’t affect our liability for:
- death or personal injury arising from our negligence.
- fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation about something substantial.
- any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
Viruses, hacking and other offences:
- You must not knowingly introduce viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful to our website.
- You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server where our website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our website.
- You must not attack our website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
If you do any of these things, you’ll be committing a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990.
We’ll report any breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we’ll cooperate with them by disclosing your identity to them. If there is a breach, your right to use our website will end immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a denial-of-service attack, a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
The English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our website although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in either the Northern Irish or the English courts and if you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in either Scotland or England.
If you have any concerns about material on our website, please email us at [email protected]
If you wish to make a complaint for any reason, please see our Complaints Policy.