Travelers Europe is a marketing name for certain companies based in Europe that are part of The Travelers Companies, Inc. group of companies.
References to “We” or “Our” throughout this policy means all or any of Travelers Europe and all or any of its partners.
We also operate, and receive services, from companies outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). Additional privacy policies may apply depending on where your personal information is sent or processed.
Information we collect from you:
- Personal information you give us when filling in forms on our website, tell us over the phone or send to us in an email.
- Details you give us when you register to use our website, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our website.
- Details you give us such as your name, address, email address, phone number, financial and credit card information, information regarding any criminal convictions and personal description.
- Information about you that we automatically collect using cookies each time you visit our site. See our cookies policy below for more details.
- Information that you give us when you use any of our other websites or services (including live chat services).
We also work closely with third parties (like business partners, brokers, reinsurers, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). This means we might receive your information about you from them.
- Cookies are small files placed on your computer when you visit a website.
How we use your information:
- To help us deliver the products and services you’ve enquired about, requested or purchased; including giving quotes, underwriting, managing policies and processing claims.
- To give you information about other goods and services we offer which are similar to the ones you’ve bought or asked about.
- To give you, or permit selected third parties to give you, information about goods or services we think might interest you. We will ask you to ‘opt in’ to marketing including where a third party is directly marketing to you. If you don’t want to receive this type of marketing information, please make sure you opt out in any correspondence or contact us to ask us to stop contacting you.
- To let you know about any changes to our service.
- To facilitate customer services including call centres and live chat services.
- To help us improve our product including our pricing.
- To help monitor and improve our website content.
Payment Details and Automatic Renewals
Where we take your bank account or credit or debit card details for payment of your policy, we do so with your authorisation. In order to take the details, we use 128-bit encryption and SSL certificates when transmitting payment details to our payment providers to protect your data. From time to time we may change our payment providers but we will only do so where they are suitable and agree to comply with all data protection legislation including holding your details securely.
If your current policy lapses or you make an adjustment to the policies, we have the right to automatically renew your policy using the payment details we have on account.
We will notify you prior to your new policy starting and you may cancel in accordance with the cancellation provisions on your policy.
If we are unable to provide you with an insurance policy, we may partner with an appropriate regulated company who may be able to assist. We will always ask your permission to introduce you to them and if you agree, we may pass certain information (including any details of criminal convictions) that you have given us about you to them in order for them to assist.
We may be paid for any introduction that we make. You are not obliged to take any product from or through them.
If you complete a transaction with us, we may ask a third party to assist with obtaining feedback from you on the service and product you have received. This will involve us passing your contact details to them.
If you agree to provide feedback, you agree to any applicable terms and conditions at that time,
Why we collect information about you:
- For troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To help us keep our site safe and secure.
- To provide you with the best possible service to you.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of any advertising we show you.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may interest you.
- Fraud prevention.
Information we get from other sources
We may combine information from other sources with information you give us and information we collect about you. We could use it for any of the reasons above (depending on what information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any of our partners within the Travelers group of companies, including any sensitive personal data that you have provided.
We may also share your information with selected third parties, including:
- business partners, suppliers, brokers, reinsurers, regulators and sub-contractors.
- advertisers and advertising networks that need the information to help them choose and show adverts to you and others.
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
- credit reference agencies if we need to check your credit score.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we look to sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer.
- if we have to disclose or share your personal data to comply with any legal obligation, or to enforce or apply our terms of insurance and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Travelers Insurance Company Limited, its affiliates, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data:
- The data we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the EEA.
- It may also be processed by staff working outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our partners or suppliers.
- For example, medical information may be processed in the United States or another jurisdiction in order to assist in the assessment and processing of any claim (we’ll let you know in advance should this be applicable to your medical information).
- By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
- All information you give us is stored on our secure servers. Some techniques we use to protect information include locked files, user authentication, encryption, firewall technology and the use of detection software.
- Although we’ll do our best to protect your personal data, we can’t guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; so any transmission is at your own risk.
- Once we receive your information, we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates.
If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Please check their policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You may ask us for a record of any personal information we hold about you and you may ask us to update or change information on our record. If you wish to do so, please contact us on the below address. Where it is appropriate to do so, we reserve the right to request verification of your details and to charge an administrative fee for retrieving the information.
You may also change your details through the Travelers online portal and the “Manage My Account” option.
33 St Mary Axe
Email: [email protected]